Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Lima Bean: Week Thirty Seven


How far along: Thirty seven weeks as of Wednesday, June 25, 2014.  Officially "early term!"
Size of baby: Lima Bean is a little over 19 inches from head to heel, the size of a Swiss chard, and weighs about 6 1/3 pounds. 
Maternity Clothes: The top in the photo isn't a maternity shirt, funnily enough.  But you can see it's looking a bit short in the front :-)
Movement: Lima Bean is a mover and a shaker!
Sex of baby: It's a girl!
Sleep: Ugh.  Not good at all.  Not only do I wake multiple times a night to use the bathroom, but I managed to get another rash this week, this time all over both legs.  I am fairly certain it is an allergic reaction to a new lotion I used on my legs after shaving.  The pregnancy hormones don't help matters.  The rash itches like the devil, so sleep was hard to come by. 
What I miss: Sleep.
Cravings: Macaroni and cheese, which I didn't give into.
Symptoms: Exhaustion, general feelings of discomfort.  When I have Braxton Hicks contractions now, they are somewhat painful.  I think it's because there is decreased amniotic fluid to absorb the movements.  I don't remember feeling so uncomfortable at the end of Henry's pregnancy.  Either I blocked it out or it's just harder this go around with a toddler to look after.
What I'm looking forward to: Meeting Lima Bean soon!

Extras: I have made some progress!!  Not much, and it doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it made me feel better regardless.  Hoping Lima Bean chooses to arrive on her own initiative sometime in the beginning of week 39. 

No comments:

Post a Comment