Friday, July 11, 2014

Lima Bean: Thirty Nine Weeks


How far along: Thirty nine weeks as of Wednesday, July 9, 2014.  I didn't think I would make it to this post, but here we are, and Lima Bean doesn't seem to be in a hurry to speed things along.  I also look huge in this dress (and in everything I wear, probably).  But I actually lost a couple of pounds from my 38 week appointment to my 39 week appointment, although it probably had more to do with the clothes I was wearing or the scale than anything.  It made me feel good to see the number drop rather than go up, for the first time since I began weighing myself with this pregnancy.
Size of baby: Lima Bean is about 20 inches from head to heel and weighs a little more than 7 pounds. 
Maternity Clothes: Yes.
Movement: Still going strong, which is a relief.  It's something I really pay attention to, given that Henry's movements had slowed considerably the day my water broke.  Lima Bean is still very active, though.
Sex of baby: It's a girl!
Sleep: Still pretty bad.  I have resorted to sleeping on the couch in the living room, where it is cooler.  This change has helped my sleep some because I don't feel as itchy.  But sleep is still not great.
What I miss: Still sleep, not having a rash all over my legs and stomach.
Cravings: Scrambled eggs, potato chips.  I pretty much eat what I want at this point.
Symptoms: The rash is still present, although it is more tolerable, especially on my stomach, after using Grandpa's Pine Tar soap.  Lots of women with PUPPPS have sworn by the stuff on online forums, and it really has made the stomach rash much more tolerable.  I shower with it at least twice a day, and now, unless I am in the sun or too hot inside, I don't itch too badly.  I also had some cramping yesterday for several hours, which I thought could be the start of labor, but I think it was just dehydration.  No cramps at all today, and I don't even have that many Braxton Hicks.
What I'm looking forward to: Meeting Lima Bean and seeing what she looks like.  I am so excited.

Extras: I don't go to the doctor until Monday, so no word on progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment