Saturday, July 12, 2014

Choo choo...Henry turned two!


Henry's second birthday party was tailored to his vehicular obsession...Planes, Trains, and Automobiles themed!

The photo above shows a poster my mom made for the party.  I like that she also made a nod to Henry's other obsession, butterflies.

The party was a success!  I tried to scale back from last year's shindig in both time and money savings.  I did not have the energy, at 37 weeks pregnant, to throw an extravagant birthday bash, and I also didn't want to spend too much on something that would last a couple of hours.  But, everything still came together nicely and everyone, including the birthday boy, seemed to have a good time.  That's what counts!

Most of the spread.
I wanted the food to fit in with the theme.  My mom made cute tags for each item.

I took this prior to the addition of cream cheese in the bowl.  These were a huge hit, and so simple!



Henry's cake was simple.  I splurged on fondant toppers for the cupcakes on Etsy (which I didn't even take a photo of, darn!), but Henry kept talking about his birthday cake, so I knew he needed a small cake and candles to blow out.
Henry with my coworker's little girl.  So cute!  They are only seven weeks or so apart, and their little siblings are due two days apart!


All of the trucks were out in full force.

Little mop top!  Wearing an appropriately-themed outfit.
Post-candle blowing and birthday song.  We sang to Henry once and then he said, "Again!" so of course there was an encore.





Playing with his favorite gift, a recycling truck from Mark's grandparents.
We had a great time celebrating our newly-minted two year old! 

No comments:

Post a Comment