Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Twenty Seven Weeks


How far along: 27 weeks as of Tuesday, April 3.  This post is ridiculously late.  My excuse is that I didn't have a photographer to take the weekly photo until yesterday.  Mark worked late (or I had something to do after work) each night last week, and then he was out of town this weekend.  Better late than never!
Size of baby: Beansprout weighs almost two pounds (the weight of a head of cauliflower), and he is about 14.5 inches long.  He is now waking and sleeping at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and maybe even sucking his fingers!  His brain is also very active now.  His lungs are immature, but they could function if he were born at this time.  Let's hope he decides to stay put for at least another 10 weeks!
Movement: He's still kicking and squirming away.  I notice it more after I eat, and when I'm sitting down.  For some reason, he seems less active at night when I am sleeping.  I have heard that sometimes babies reach their peak activity at this time, so I am thankful that he is following my schedule and resting when I am! 
Sex of baby: Boy!
Sleep: While I'm not getting woken up by Beansprout kicking, I am getting woken up at least twice a night by my bladder and also because of back or hip pain.  Luckily, I have been able to fall back asleep fairly easily.
What I miss: I can't think of anything this week.
Cravings: Cereal, Mexican food.
Symptoms: Back pain and hip pain at night.  I have also experienced a "side stitch" type pain about an inch to the right of my belly button.  It has gotten better, fortunately.
What I'm looking forward to: Entering the third, and final, trimester, and having my 28 week doctor appointment.  It will have been nearly 5 weeks since my last appointment, so I have lots of questions and am anxious to see how Beansprout is doing!  I am very excited that I will get to see Dr. Crowther this time.  She is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment