Monday, April 23, 2012

Twenty Nine Weeks


How far along: 29 weeks as of April 17, 2012. 
Size of baby: Beansprout weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (again, that's nearly a pound short for our big guy) and is a little over 15 inches long.  His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain.  His bones are soaking up calcium these days, so I am making sure to eat enough dairy, as well as taking a calcium supplement every other day.
Movement: He's still kicking away!  Hopefully he'll show off these skills on the soccer field one day.
Sex of baby: It's a boy!
Sleep: Still fine.  I'm waking up about three times a night, but I don't have much trouble going back to sleep.
What I miss: White wine, now that the weather's getting nicer.
Cravings: Cereal, sweets (thank goodness I passed the glucose test!)
Symptoms: Back pain, some swelling in my ankles.  I've also developed a fun new pain just to the right of my belly button.  It feels like a side stitch you get from exercising too much, and it is really painful to the touch.  I had it a couple of weeks ago, and it went away after a day or so.  The nurses at the doctor's office were not helpful in suggesting what it could be.  It came back a few days ago and lasted for a longer period of time.  My google searches indicate it's either an umbilical hernia (not likely) or the uterus pressing on this area (more likely).  I'm trying not to let it worry me, since it comes and goes.
What I'm looking forward to: Meeting Beansprout!  I have started to get really excited thinking about bringing this precious baby home.  He needs to hang out for a couple more months, but it gets closer by the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment