Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Nineteen Weeks


How far along: 19 weeks as of February 7, 2012!  Almost halfway there. 
Size of baby: Beansprout is about 6 inches long and weighs about 8.5 ounces, the size of an heirloom tomato!  His arms and legs are in the right proportion to the rest of his body now.  His kidneys are making urine, and hair is sprouting on his scalp!  Also, Beansprout's sensory development is really taking off.  His brain is developing specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch.
Movement: Still little pulses a few times a day.  Yesterday he was going nuts in the morning after I drank hot chocolate, I think because of the sugar rush.
Sex of baby: We'll know in five days!!
Sleep: Still fine.  Still always tired, no matter how much sleep I get.
What I miss: Not feeling tired all of the time.
Cravings: Italian food, salty foods.
Symptoms: Fatigue, back ache, some abdominal cramping, but it's not very frequent.
What I'm looking forward to: February 13!  Prayers for a healthy baby, please!

Extras: I am planning to register for some prenatal classes.  We'll take a birthing class at the hospital where we'll deliver, a breastfeeding class (for some reason it's for mom and dad?!), and a baby care class.  Boy, do we need the last one.  Mark asked me yesterday if I can plan on walking the dogs while Beansprout is napping at home.  I thought he was joking until I realized he wasn't.  We have a lot to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment