Sunday, February 5, 2012

Eighteen Weeks


How far along: 18 weeks as of January 31, 2012.
Size of baby: Beansprout is about 5.5 ounces long (about the length of a green pepper), and he weighs about 7 ounces!  He has begun flexing his arms and legs.  His ears are now in their final position!  A protective coating of myelin is forming around his nerves.
Movement: I am still feeling the pulsing movement, and it's more frequent now.  One night this week I even felt Beansprout in the middle of the night.  Sometimes it feels like he's doing flips in there, because I literally feel a wave movement.  It's so cool, and it gives me great reassurance.
Sex of baby: We find out soon!  I had a dream last night that I cheated and opened the card with the sex written on it in the car.  It was a boy!  Can't wait to see if my intuition is right!
Sleep: Fine.
What I miss: Soft cheeses and over easy eggs this week!
Cravings: Wendy's spicy chicken sandwiches (so healthy, I know), hummus (better on that front).
Symptoms: My back is starting to hurt, and I've noticed some leg cramps.  I'm trying to drink lots of water, because I heard they can be caused by dehydration. 
What I'm looking forward to: The ultrasound on February 13.  Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment