Monday, February 20, 2012

Blueberries!!

On Monday night, February 13, we found out who will be coming to live with us in about 20 weeks.  We had my ultrasound appointment that morning.  Beansprout looked perfect!  Perfectly formed brain, heart, spine, kidneys, liver, etc.  And measuring right on target for 20 weeks' gestation.  I was so pleased, and relieved, to hear such good news. 

We had the technician write the sex on a card and put it in an envelope, along with a picture.  We went to Rasika that night for the big reveal.  When the waitress asked if we wanted dessert, I said, "Well, we actually have a request for you," and then launched into the request, asking her to take the envelope and bring back ice cream topped with blueberries for a boy and strawberries for a girl.

I was so excited and full of nervous energy in that five minutes while we were waiting for our dessert.  I have had my suspicions since week eight about who Beansprout is, but this was the real thing!  The waitress brought out a bowl covered with a plate, and I lifted the plate to reveal this:


It's a little hard to see because half of the berries had already been eaten, but they're obviously boy-colored!  I guess Rasika didn't have blueberries, because the ice cream was topped with blackberries.  The waitress brought a flute of champagne for Mark and a flute of ginger ale for me.  It was such a great way to find out! 



Here is the card that was included in the envelope.  I won't show the picture, out of respect for Beansprout's privacy, but trust me, it's a boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment