Sunday, October 30, 2011

Telling Mark

It was already 9pm on October 20 when I took the pregnancy test, so I knew I didn't have time to do anything too creative to tell Mark.  My mom had sent Mark a Halloween goodie package since Halloween is his favorite holiday, and it had arrived that day.  I decided to take a few things out of the box, wrap the pregnancy test in wrapping paper, and put it in the bottom of the box.  Then I waited...  Mark got home, and I tried to act like nothing was up.  As he was eating dinner, I told him that my mom had sent him something for Halloween.  He opened the box and began sorting through the treats.  As he got to the wrapped test stick, my heart began to race (and I began to giggle nervously).  He opened it (later he told me he thought it was a lollipop!) and looked at me quizzically.  I asked whether he saw the faint line and whether he knew what it meant.  I think he was shocked, since we were not expecting it to happen that month.  After a couple of minutes, it sunk in and we began to celebrate!

1 comment:

  1. What a delightful blog--I love it!!! I also am excited about being able to follow your progress from afar and will eagerly anticipate future updates! Dad and I, of course, are thrilled and so happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete